Sketch by Lady Coleridge, 1874; courtesy of Franciscan nuns of Maryland, Milford-on-Sea
“Lady Coleridge’s mysteriously evocative drawing . . . strikingly conveys the kind of impression his expression and manner made on strangers who met him for the first time.” (John Henry Newman: A Biography, Fr. Ian Ker, Oxford University Press, 1988, 697)
First installment of The Works of John Henry Newman.
- Newman, John Henry. Parochial and Plain Sermons. 8 volumes. London: Longmans, Green and Co., 1907 - 1909.
- _______. Fifteen Sermons preached before The University of Oxford. London: Longmans, Green and Co., 1909.
- _______. Sermons bearing on Subjects of the Day. London: Longmans, Green, and Co., 1902.
- _______. Sermons preached on Various Occasions. London: Longmans, Green, and Co., 1908.
- _______. Catholic Sermons of Cardinal Newman: Published for the first time from the Cardinal's Autograph Manuscripts. London: Burns & Oates, 1957.
The Bottom Line: Past Masters is an essential online resource for its target audience, upper-level undergraduates and scholarly researchers. Not only does it make key philosophical works accessible on users’ desktops 24/7, but it also provides in-text citations and searchable text. In addition, à la carte database customization makes it financially accessible not only to large universities and research libraries but also to smaller academic institutions and medium to large public libraries, for which it is recommended highly.
DePaul University Libraries